It’s that time of year again where most of us dread the sniffling, sneezing and general discomfort of cold like symptoms. Allergies can definitely take the fun out of spring for many.
Below is a list of a few preventive tips to make your allergy season a bit better:
- Use an air purifier or humidifier
- Wash laundry(bed sheets) in hot water to reduce dust mites
- Change your clothing after spending extended time outdoors and bathe/shower at bedtime
- Use air conditioning during hot weather instead of opening windows and utilizing fans
- Keep pets outdoors and out of your bedroom
- Bath pets frequently
- A personal tip I have found useful is: wearing sunglasses as often as you can. It prevents the pollen from affecting your eyes (itchy, watery eyes)
- Last but not least, getting allergy shots from your physician before the allergy season starts can greatly reduce your symptoms.